it's my turn to close the curtain
it's my turn to walk away
leave you standing in moonlight
wondering what went wrong that day
i fell for your wayward smile
and your musical taste
i fell for your laughter
so contagious i still
catch myself grinning
in spite of
in spite of it all
you always had a gentle way
but you left me wanting more
your touch was always hesitant
but you still made me weak
made me tremble
when i tried to speak
your eyes were bigger than your heart
you wanted more than you could give
you moved fast in spoken words
but your feet never seemed to
follow through
yah this one's for you
you made promises we both
knew you could never keep
you sang to me back then
but this time you'll have to
sing yourself to sleep
cause
it's my turn to close the curtain
it's my turn to walk away
leave you standing in moonlight
wondering what went wrong that day
Friday, December 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really like this Milica... very powerful. And it's all you now. Freeing eh? Freeing to fill your poetry with good byes instead of "oh I'm longing for you". I love it, love it, love you, (cough) love it, love it, love it. We can pop the trunk if you'd like. I'm here... as I always am.
~ A.L.
hey thanks
wasn't sure about it... especially since i wrote it to music (pretty sketch coming from me, i know)
yah, too many "oh i'm longing for yous" and not enough of these
:) i know
p.s. i wrote it after re-reading your lyrics for "mittens" so i owe part of it to you
p.p.s. i heart that song
Post a Comment